Dear eBesucher member,
The year 2014 draws to an end and Christmas is coming up. As every year, we would like to take this occasion to address a few words toall of our supporters.
In our view, the past 12 months have been very eventful. eBesucher has continued to grow and we have mobilized great efforts to move the eBesucher headquarters from the small Ilmenau to the capital of Germany, Berlin. By deactivating the transfer feature, we also had to make a quite unpopular decision. Concerning this matter, we appreciate your citicism and we seek to learn for the future: it is our goal to be more considerate regarding the opinion of our members and we wish to involve them even more into the development of eBesucher. Looking back, we will summarize the most important events of 2014:
- Improvement of the exchange statistics
- We have welcomed the 500.000th member
- Implementation of controls such as scrollable page content, fullscreen display and the extended visibility test.
- Filtering of IP addresses which are located on a blacklist
- Option to set a minimum connection speed
- Implementation of the multi-device feature
- The transfer feature has been deactivated
- The new API has been released
We have already planned some important new features for the year to come:
The outlook for 2015:
- We will release the new Firefox add-on! The add-on comes with new features and will render the surfbar more stable.
- There will be an automatic bidding system which will base the prices for a visitor upon the concept of supply and demand.
- We will offer our members new methods to request a payout.
We wish you and your families a Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year’s Eve and a healthy and cheerful 2015!
We are happy to have you with us in 2015 and thank you for your trust!
Your eBesucher team
We are always striving to make eBesucher better and more user-friendly. Regarding some recently added features, we had to update our data protection. It is important for us to always keep our policies up to date and to offer our members a complete transparency with regard to the processing of personal data. Thus, we announce that from now on a new privacy statement will go into effect. Please read the following infos carefully and go through the privacy statement. Do also note that any further use of this website will mean that you agree to those changes.
The new privacy statement
Some important modifications:
1. Collection, processing and use of your data
– Use of your personal data
– Dissemination of the mobile phone number for the purpose of sending SMS
2. Automatically collected data, cookies
– Storage of the IP address
– Use of commercially available techniques such as cookies and web beacons
3. Statistical analysis of the Hits
– Further information on the open source software Piwik
– Optional deactivation of Piwik cookies
4. Links to third party websites (social plugins)
– eBesucher assumes no responsibility for the content or the privacy statement from a third party
– Use of the “like-me” and “share” -button from facebook.com
5. Right to information
– Right to correction, blocking or deletion of your own data
6. Data Security
– Encryption using SSL
This privacy statement applies to any interactions between a member and eBesucher. For questions and feedback, feel free to contact our customer support over the phone or by e-mail.
Your eBesucher Team
Geocaching has reached eBesucher
Today, we present you the first of three travel bugs.
A travelbug (TB) is a pendant with a stamped or printed number that can be attached to objects. Those objects are not supposed to be traded but should travel from one geocache to another with the help of the finding geocacher. The finding geocacher can also be the one who will choose a new destination or assignement for the geobug. The printed number allows you to follow the journey of the item on geocaching.com.
Our team has contemplated about the appearance of the travelbug and finally designed this little bag (!handcrafted!). It stands for the idea of earning money on eBesucher.
The journey of the travelbug starts in a hotel in 49163 Bohmte (Germany) – GC4FBTT
If you should find the bag, you will be rewarded with traffic exchange points, mail exchange points or a premium account.
You can find more information here: